[THIN] Terminal Services Licensing problem

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:24:44 -0600

Hello,

I'm running into a problem with licensing that is giving me a headache!  I
have asked for help on other message boards and help sites with no luck.
Just viewing this list makes me think you guys may have the answers. :-)

Here goes:

I have a Win2K primary domain controller that is our terminal services
license server also.  It has 20 licenses in it, and all 20 are used.

This is, of course, causing problems. :-(

The really annoying issue is that half of the 20 used licenses are used by
either duplicate machines or users who are not with the company any longer.

So, how do I free the licenses that are used by machines that don't exist on
the network any more???  Do I have to deactivate the server w/ Microsoft and
then Reactivate it???

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications