[THIN] TS Server only issuing temporary CALs?

  • From: Joey Proulx <jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 13:54:44 -0400

Hello,

We are using Citrix to run a new accounting program (Munis), and I'm having some issues with the TS CALs on the domain controller. We purchased 50 CALs and I set them up as 'per user'. When any PC connects to it (via Citrix), it offers a temporary CAL instead of a CAL in the bank of 50 that is sitting there unused. The user doesn't notice (and the software works fine), but they will once the CALs start to expire in a couple months. Is there just a step I missed when assigning these CALs?

It is a very simple setup, the accounting software server doubles as the TS CAL server, and the second server is just used for Citrix. No farm, all Win2k3, all Citrix Metaframe FR3.

I'm hoping this is something small that I missed...and since I've never done this before, I'm willing to bet that's all it is.

Thanks for the help.

Joey Proulx SAU #21 Technology Support Staff 2 Alumni Drive Hampton, NH 03842 (603) 926-8992 jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html