[THIN] Re: TS Server only issuing temporary CALs?

  • From: Joey Proulx <jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:46:13 -0400

So you're saying I shouldn't worry about the "expiration dates" on the temporary licenses?

Joey

At 03:18 PM 6/14/2004, you wrote:

No. It wont show a CAL At all.  Grab a new desktop and connect. You will
see that it does not even register on the license server. Basically as
you connect a Per User terminal server checks to see if it can find a
license server. If it can it stops right then. That's it. No issuing,
etc.

More than likely will change in SP1 or some future version but for now
they don't even check out licenses. Its kinda like the NT 4.0 TSE days

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

RapidApp, Chicago
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 815.325.7618
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message----- From: Joey Proulx [mailto:jproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 2:04 PM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: TS Server only issuing temporary CALs?

Thanks for the response.  Both servers are now set to Per User, but when
logged into Citrix from another desktop, it still didn't show a CAL
being
used from the available 50.  Could this be because there was already a
temporary CAL for this desktop?  Maybe once it expires it will pull from

the available pool?  That may be the case but I'd hate to wait until
d-day
to find out.

Also, as you see in that image, there are two pools of 50.  I
accidentally
did this by right clicking, and duplicating the install.  Not quite sure

why I did that, but it appears to have installed the same 50 cals twice.
figure this is a minor issue and I'll deal with it once I can get the
CALs
distributed correctly.

Joey

At 02:31 PM 6/14/2004, you wrote:
>OK that's the licens server not the Terminal Server. Currently they
>don't track Per User licenses. I know it sounds odd, but they don't.
you