[THIN] TS Licensing error

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:23:31 -0500

FYI Interesting twist on the Termial Server could not issue a client license
error.
JK

Jim,

In case you would like to post this to your site for your loyal Citrix
techies. Here is something interesting about TS Licensing errors.

We recently had a customer that was unable to make ICA connections to his
Citrix servers.  The server event log gave the usual message "Terminal
Server could not issue a client license".  This is typically related to the
client license not able to update to a permanent TS CAL.  In the case of
this customer we found that he was having a problem on the TS Licensing
server.  It turns out that the 385mb of free space on his system partition
was not enough to allow him to open Management Consoles and apparently
unable to hand out TS Licenses.  When he cleaned up some space on the drive
he was able to open Management Consoles and the TS Licensing started working
again and the ICA sessions were able to connect.

In short:  Make sure there is plenty of room on the system drive of your TS
Licensing server.

Just thought I would share.

R. Michael Foster
Director of Technical Services