[THIN] Not able to find ICA connection settings

  • From: "Armstrong, Robert" <robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:40:04 -0500

Good afternoon,

We're running an XPe SP2/FR2 farm.  Our Windows 2000 domain is in
Mixed mode and all ADC servers are running Windows 2000 SP3. Our Citrix
servers are each configured with 2 network adapters on the same subnet
and all the adapters are configured for 100Mb Full Duplex.

Our users connect to our published apps through CPN. Several
users have started recieving the following error when they start an
application from PN:  Not able to find ICA connection settings The
connection cannot be launched." The application icons then disappear
from PN.

When our users refresh their published apps they will then recieve
this error:
"There are no applications available for the supplied credentials in
the current Application Set."
This means that our users have to refresh their published apps until
they receive new icons for their apps whereby they can connect to the
published apps as usual.

I've also noticed that I recieve the second error at the same time
that our users receive the first error so they are definetly related.
Restarting the IMA service or rebooting the Citrix servers doesn't help.

These servers have been running for 1 year without any sign of this problem.
This problem began today and I know of no changes anywhere on our system and
haven't received any sign of network problems.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Robert Armstrong
 <mailto:robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this
message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by sending a reply e-mail and delete this
message.  Thank you for your cooperation.