[THIN] TIP: Outlook Closes and disappears when you minimize or does it?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:39:30 -0500

Hi All,
Here is one of those in the trenches tips that you would NEVER think of.  We
had a user who when they clicked on the minus symbol in the top tool bar of
Outlook it disappeared completely as if it was closed.  No other user was
experiencing this problem.  We just thought this users PC was possesed,
cllick the minus the app is gone! Poof! How bizarre.

But here is what happened. At some point the user must of RIGHT CLICKED on
the Outlook icon in the System Tray and chose the selection and I kid you
not it is there.... that reads "Hide When Minimized" Left clicking and
unchecking that choice solved her issue.

Now the real mystery to me is why in the heck would a setting like that even
exist especially for an app installed in Citrix?  How do you get the program
back without running it again?  As the ladies man from SNL would say...
"Thats just crazy." Another mystery solved.

--
Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services