[THIN] Re: Switches, Routers, Terminal server monitoring and administration utility on one

  • From: "George Yobst" <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:51:05 -0700

There's a number of them on the VMWare players list:
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/

On 6/15/06, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of my techs has been working on setting up What's Up!. If can take some serious time to get all the nitty gritty going and work out your notification intervals. Given the price, it's an impressive product. It has come along way since I last played with it 4 or 5 years ago.

I talked to someone who has used Orion and What's Up1, and he swears that
Orion is in a totally different class and gives you a lot more then What's
Up! does, but it does have a higher price (but still not ridiculous).

________________________________ From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Riggins Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:27 AM

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Switches, Routers, Terminal server monitoring and
administration utility on one

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: Switches, Routers, Terminal server monitoring and administration utility on one

We use WhatsUp. It can be as simple or granular as you want it to be. It's very flexible for us, and cheap! The Pro version can be had for about $1500 with support.

There is also Big Brother which was free a few years back when I was exposed
to it. I don't know how it compares to WhatsUp for current versions.

Good luck,

Roger Riggins Network Administrator Lutheran Services in Iowa w: 319.859.3543 c: 319.290.5687 http://www.lsiowa.org