[THIN] Re: Stop 0x00000050 - FIXED (so far)

  • From: "Pardee, Michael" <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:47:39 -0400

Thought I'd update the list on this one.

Doing research turned up Q262956, which looked like it could be our problem.
While getting ready to test it on our test wts box, one of our engineers
noticed that q267896, which we were testing to eliminate an issue with
Acrobat printing garbage characters, updates the same files, yet they were
nearly 1 year newer than the same files from the original hotfix.  We used
the profile from our bad users and our test server crashed.  We then applied
Q262956 on the server and tried logging in as the user again and everything
is working fine.  We will run throughout the day like this and if all goes
well we will start to add this hotfix to all of our servers.

I hope none of you ever have to go through this.  It is a sickening feeling
when server after server after server after (you get the idea) crashed and
you can't even get on them long enough to diagnose.

Hope this helps someone else out there.  I'll let the list know how we are
doing with the hotfix later on as well.