[THIN] Re: Starting it all over

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:18:22 -0000

Well blades, but I'm doing that.

I'm not entirely sure on the whole booting from the SAN thing - I can
see some pros, but also some cons.

I'd do an awful amount of thinking and soul searching about what I
wanted to do about file and print - MSCS for big scenarios hasn't always
been such a panacea, and the whole model (even with 2003 ES) isn't so
great WRT dfs.

The more I think about it the more I think some provisioning / volume
management software is the way to go with filestore, and abstracting it
from the physical / sorta logical architecture.

Choice of clients and consideration of their entry within the farm,
would be another factor.

It gets a whole deal vague, though, because I don't just do TS / Citrix
stuff, and not just windows, either, so a blank sheet of paper
representing the data-centre looks rather big...

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.