[THIN] Smart label printers - Seiko SLP 220, 240 2000

  • From: "Grant, Lachlan ISMC:EX" <Lachlan.Grant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:06:34 -0800

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Seiko Smart Label Printers to
work in citrix?

The label printers are connected to the COM port on the Wyse s30.

COM port set on terminal to 9600 Baud

COM port in ica session set to 9600 Baud.

I've tested different baud rates without any different results.

We are running PS3.0 R03, on W2K3 without SP1.

We have the following models:

SLP2000, SLP220 and SLP240, all made by Seiko.

We are currently using the SLP240 driver which works some of the time, and
mostly not. I've found the 240 Driver works for the 220 series, but not the
240.

Users are able to print one label, then will freeze on the second label. It
locks up the entire termnal (Wyse S30), which then has to be powered down
the brought back up. The user can then reconnect to the disconnected
session. Print one label then freeze again.

I can not get the SLP 2000 to work at all via Citrix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lachlan.