[THIN] Re: Servers no longer display in CMC

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:13:40 -0700

Found a way to get servers back based in part on Greg Reese's advice for all
that might run into this problem. My servers disappeared from the CMC
Servers tab. By using DSVERIFY to Force Clean a server from the farm and
then running the MFXP Install/Repair, the server re-appeared in the Servers
tab. Looks like I'll be doing that to all servers a few at a time. We ended
up ordering 18 DL360 servers to replace a slew of aged PL6400 servers, so
the "MFXP Migration from Hell" I have been experiencing over the last 2
weeks has a positive benefit: NEW HARDWARE!! Whoo Hoo!! Trading quad-proc
500Mhz CPUs with 2.5G RAM for dual 3.2GHz procs with 4GB RAM. I guess it
goes without saying that we had originally requested new hardware for the
migration, which was prompty DENIED! I do not know how much effect W2K3/MFXP
and it's interaction with NN 4.78 had on the upgrade but we will no longer
be running 150-180 users per server. Go figure. Probably set expectations
down in the low 100s instead of the previous load capability. The really
interesting thing will be how many users we get when we switch to IE 6.0
from NN 4.78. Might be another Migration from Hell. I hope not cuz my poor
gut can't handle too many more 70-hour weeks. We are stress-testing the
Engineer majorly as well as the farm <g>! BTW, we thought about trying to
get Ron O. out here to fix our problems but figured his "speaking" schedule
had him booked solid! Hee hee. Besides, it's probably too warm in SoCal for
an Illinois boy...

Rob
24 Hour Fitness