[THIN] Re: Scriptlogic 4.0 Printer mapping question

  • From: Robert Williams <RWilliams@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:51:24 -0700

Here is a portion from the manual on how you use validation to execute
scripts in scriptlogic....such as mapping printers

ScriptLogic provides Validation Logic to determine whether a profile or
logon script element should be executed on a client machine. These
validation rules are inspected during the logon process. If the =
validation
rules match the client's environment, the profile is processed and/or =
the
script element is executed. If the validation logic fails, the profile
and/or script element will not be processed for the client.=20
Validation Logic is used in conjunction with profiles to determine =
whether
the profile should be processed on the client. Once the profile passes =
the
validation test, each script entry within the profile is processed. =
These
entries are first verified by testing the validation logic defined for =
the
entry. If the entry passes the validation logic test, it is executed on =
the
client.

It is important to keep in mind that not all script entries will be =
executed
on a client just because a profile passes the validation test. This is =
due
to the secondary validation logic provided for individual profile =
elements.

Validation is used throughout ScriptLogic. Almost every configuration =
dialog
box incorporates it into its settings. Default Validation logic can be
defined per profile in the ScriptLogic Manager by selecting Profile =F0
Profile Options... from the Manager's menu bar (or by pressing the =
Profile
Options button on the Manager's desktop). Select the Default Validation =
tab.
Default validation logic is used to provide default parameters for any =
new
configuration (that uses validation logic) within the profile.

Validation Logic can be defined based on a Type, Class, Operating =
System and
Connection Type. These validation areas can be used individually or in
conjunction with each other.
 =20
=20
Validation Logic by Type =20
There are several different validation logic Types that can be selected =
from
the validation logic dialog box. They include Domain, Site, Group
Membership, Primary Group, User Name, TCP/IP Address, Host Address, =
Computer
Name, MAC Address, TS Application Name, TS Initial Program, TS Client =
Name,
TS Session Name and ICA Client TCP/IP Address.=20
Each Validation Type supports multiple values. When using multiple =
values,
they must be separated by a semicolon (;). Validation Types also =
support the
asterisk (*) and question mark (?) wildcards. This provides the ability =
configure a setting for multiple instances of the selected Type. Use an
asterisk to substitute a string of characters of any length. Use a =
question
mark (?) to substitute a single character. One or more instances of =
each
wildcard may be used in the comparison value.
=20

Thank You,
Robert Williams
Senior Network Administrator