[THIN] Re: ScrewDrivers v4

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:39:25 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if Screwdrivers has this but Provision networks Print-It does. It
has intelligent font embedding... (ie only fonts that don't already exist on
the client are embedded in the print job) This keeps the print job size a lot
smaller.  http://www.provisionnetworks.com/solutions/print-it/print-it.aspx

  JK

Chris Grecsek <cgrecsek@> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                While discussing
printing?what are folks doing about fonts? Do any of the third party printing
products solve the ?font? problem? Where if you don?t have the fonts installed
on the local client the document fails to print? I know Thinprint has some
solutions that will do the trick but there are trade offs...does Screwdrivers
eliminate font problems?