[THIN] Re: ScrewDrivers v4

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:31:43 -0700

I use v3 and have only good things to say about it.  For one of my apps,
the end users use a wireless CDMA (now EVDO) connection.  Printouts use to
take anywhere from 12 minutes to 20 minutes per page.  With Screwdrivers,
they are down to about 2 minutes per page.  I also like the fact that I no
longer have to add printer drivers to my servers.

adam

             Evan Mann
             <emann@pinnaclefi
             nancial.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] ScrewDrivers v4
             08/28/2006 08:06
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am planning to trial ScrewDrivers v4.  I looked at in earlier in the year
but decided to hold off.  The recent brash of printing related problems
I've been having, and long going ones with random printers not being mapped
is pushing me to the edge.  A Budget is already approved to make a purchase
of the product, if it solves our problems.

I understand the fact that I need to deploy a client, but I'm not concerned
with that anymore.  I'm just concerned with the product working as
advertised and getting rid of printing headaches.  For those that have used
v4, have you found this to be the case and the investment worthwhile?