[THIN] Re: Satellite Internet connectivity

  • From: "Jason Patten" <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:37:50 -0400

That is beyond my control and I know of the latency issues!  I have tried to
explain them, but there are some people who just don't get light-speed
delay.   SO I thought I would post and see if anyone had any ideas just in
case.
Jason

On 7/18/07, Jan <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Due to the fact that satellites are in geostationary orbit, ping times
will never be below 600ms. There is NOTHING that can be done to reduce that
time.

Have you investigated cellular based internet access?