[THIN] Samba group problems

  • From: "John Price" <JPrice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:38:28 -0500

Environment:

Linux servers, running Samba 2.2.7. No Windows NT or 2000 domain
controllers or servers except for the MetaFrame servers that are members
of the domain, they are win2000, SP3, XPe FR2.

Problem:

When publishing an app, you cannot select any domain groups. All of the
groups in Server Manager show up as "UNIX local group". When you try to
add a group in the "Users" tab of the published app, only users show up,
no groups appear.

I have heard that Samba 2.x does not support domain-level groups. Is
this a Samba limitation, or am I having problems communicating between
the Samba LDAP domain and the Win2000 servers?

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

John