[THIN] Sage Line 50 v12, Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & v4, Office 2003 SP1

  • From: "Joe Grainger" <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:51:11 +0100

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has started/completed the deployment of Sage Line 50
v12, and if there are any known issues or nuggets of information are available
for sharing.

I did experience an "known bug" with v11 in our production environment of
Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & Office2003 SP1, in that Sages add-ins caused
Excel2003 to crash when trying to save/exit files.  When the issue was reported
to Sage it was acknowledged as a bug, and we were informed that it would be
resolved in a future build.

I am installing Sage Line 50 v12 into 2x VMWare labs:

* LAB A *
 - Mirror of Production environment with Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & Office
2003 SP1

* LAB B *
 - Development environment with Windows 2003 Server SP1, CPS v4, Office 2003 SP1

I have checked the available documentation and contacted Sage but there is no
publically available build history/change log for Line50, to

a) Verify if previous known issues have been resolved and what the "known
working environments" are.
b) Be aware of other costly known issues, etc

Regards
Joe

Hazlewoods LLP - Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers

Offices in Cheltenham Tel 01242 237661, Gloucester Tel 01452 634800 and
Staverton Tel 01242 680000.

Members: Harvey Grove FCA FCCA  Andrew Brookes FCA  Jon Cartwright FCCA ATII
TEP  Nick Dee ACA  Tony Flambard FCCA David Granger FCA FCCA  Jonathan Harvie
FCA  David Main FCCA Christopher Mourton FCCA  David Pierce FCA FCCA  Adrian
Randle FCA FCCA TEP  Graham Rew FCA  Philip Swan FCA ATII  Norman Webber FCCA
David Williams FCA

Website www.hazlewoods.co.uk.

Registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to
carry out company audit work.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England. Partnership No: OC311817
DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this Email and attachments are confidential to the ordinary
user(s) of the Email address(es) to which it was sent and may be legally
privileged.
Hazlewoods LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of this Email, or the
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information
is subsequently agreed in writing.