[THIN] Re: Sage Line 50 v12, Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & v4, Office 2003 SP1

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:00:50 +0100

We've got pretty much the same setup as you, but we just disabled the
Excel addins outright.. I seem to recall they want write access to
HKLM again?

Got v12 yesterday, but in true Sage style, it's not backwards
compatible so we're not installing it on the Citrix server yet! I
suspect the Excel stuff is still knackered, since running Excel for
the first time after installing L50, it crashed straight away, then
came back complaining about one of the Sage addins. It angers me
immensely the way the write their programs!

Andrew

On 20/09/05, Joe Grainger <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has started/completed the deployment of Sage Line
> 50 v12, and if there are any known issues or nuggets of information are
> available for sharing.
>
> I did experience an "known bug" with v11 in our production environment of
> Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & Office2003 SP1, in that Sages add-ins caused
> Excel2003 to crash when trying to save/exit files.  When the issue was
> reported to Sage it was acknowledged as a bug, and we were informed that it
> would be resolved in a future build.
>

> I am installing Sage Line 50 v12 into 2x VMWare labs:
>
> * LAB A *
>  - Mirror of Production environment with Windows 2003 Server, CPS v3 & Office
> 2003 SP1
>
> * LAB B *
>  - Development environment with Windows 2003 Server SP1, CPS v4, Office 2003
> SP1
>

> I have checked the available documentation and contacted Sage but there is no
> publically available build history/change log for Line50, to
>
> a) Verify if previous known issues have been resolved and what the "known
> working environments" are.
> b) Be aware of other costly known issues, etc
>

> Regards
> Joe
>

> Hazlewoods LLP - Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers
>
> Offices in Cheltenham Tel 01242 237661, Gloucester Tel 01452 634800 and
> Staverton Tel 01242 680000.
>
> Members: Harvey Grove FCA FCCA  Andrew Brookes FCA  Jon Cartwright FCCA ATII
> TEP  Nick Dee ACA  Tony Flambard FCCA David Granger FCA FCCA  Jonathan Harvie
> FCA  David Main FCCA Christopher Mourton FCCA  David Pierce FCA FCCA  Adrian
> Randle FCA FCCA TEP  Graham Rew FCA  Philip Swan FCA ATII  Norman Webber FCCA
>  David Williams FCA
>
> Website www.hazlewoods.co.uk.
>
> Registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to
> carry out company audit work.
> Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
> Registered in England. Partnership No: OC311817
> DISCLAIMER:
> The contents of this Email and attachments are confidential to the ordinary
> user(s) of the Email address(es) to which it was sent and may be legally
> privileged.
> Hazlewoods LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of this Email, or
> the actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that
> information is subsequently agreed in writing.

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2