[THIN] SV: Re: Active Synch on Citrix.

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:52:37 +0100

That is not all true, Its a scam to say it supports Active Sync.

What is does is connect to the Active Sync 3.8 driver. (ONLY). And the
new'ish Windows Mobile 5, does not work with ActiveSync 3.8, it needs
verion 4, wich Citrix does not support.

So if you plan to use PDAs and mobile Phones from 1999-2004 with Windows
Mobile 2003 you are set, but you better stock up on them, I think most
devices will come with the unsupported Windows Mobile 5.

This incompability is confirmed by Citrix, but they fail to mention this
in theyr documentation, one must only wonder why...

Mvh
Svein Arild

  _____