[THIN] SV: OT: Exchange 5.5 and AD

  • From: "Svein Arild Haugum" <svein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:22:27 +0100

Shutting a server off does not clean up records of the Domain Controller
in WINS/DNS.
You could probably upgrade the server to 2000, run DCPROMO to take it
out of AD, and be set.

The server wich you assign the PDC Emulator role (FSMA) will
authenticate pre win2k klients.

Im no Exchange 5.5 expert, just trhowing my 2 cents in...

Mvh
Svein Arild