[THIN] Re: Remove 'New' items from list

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:28:07 -0500

The reg hack listed here
(http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/160/) will remove the
right click menu entirely which is likely what you found.

This one (http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/906/) will
remove the new menu entirely, but it affects HKCR which may be something
you would not want to do.  An alternative to this would be to go into
the registry and search for the SID of the New item choice
(D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719) and do some experimentation.  You
may want to check out
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved
and remove the "Microsoft New Object Service".  I don't know for certain
if this will do what you're wanting, but you can always tinker a bit and
find out.

I hope this helps.

Bill