[THIN] Remove 'New' items from list

  • From: jamie.simcox@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:38:05 +0000

Hi All,

I running W2k, Active Dir and XPe.

Is there a way of removing the 'New' items when users right-click on the
desktop or in Windows Explorer? I would like to remove only a couple of
the items if this is possible. I found the GPO to stop them right
clicking, but this goes too far as it stops them using copy/paste as well.
Any ideas?

Regards

Jamie Simcox
PC Network Technician
J C Bamford Excavators Ltd

J. C. Bamford Excavators Ltd.
Registered Office:  Rocester, Staffordshire, England.  ST14 5JP
Registered No. 561597 England
The contents of this Email communication are confidential to the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or
distribute
this communication in any form but should immediately contact the
Sender.
The information, images, documents and views expressed in this Email
are personal to the Sender and do not expressly or implicitly represent
official positions and policies of the J C B group of companies ("JCB")
and no authority exists on behalf of JCB to make any agreements,
representations or other binding commitment by means of Email.

This weeks Sponsor NetX Inc Thin Client
NetX Develops XP and NT Embedded
Extremely Secure, and Remotely Managed.
http://www.netxinc.com