[THIN] Remap server drives

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 15:55:41 -0400

I'm wondering what people do in regards to remapping server drives to
high drive letters so clients mapped drives are normal?  The first set
of servers that were setup did not remap letters, but I'm working on a
2nd set.  We tell our users to ONLY put documents in "my documents", and
that is remapped to a network point via mapped drive, so they really
should never be hitting their local drives.  I can think of a situation
where they may need to get docs of a USB Pen drive and need to hit the
local drive, but nothing on a daily basis, so I don't think it's
necessary to do the remap in my situation.  What do others do/think?