[THIN] Question on Large Farm

  • From: "Foote, Eric" <EFoote@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:32:31 -0400

Hello,
We have a MetaFrameXP farm of about 65 production servers supporting about 1800
users.  We have a problem when we reboot the servers (for maint or after an
unexpected reboot) as the server comes up it gets pounded with logons and just
grinds to a halt until its load comes up to par with the other servers.  The
process takes about 30 minutes to stabilize and causes our user base to become
extremely frustrated as the people who are lucky enough to hit that box
experience extremely long logon times and very poor performance.  This is a
24x7 shop - so we do have the luxury of waiting until the use load is low.

Any ideas on how to throttle the load balancing in this type environment?

Eric
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com