[THIN] Publishing IE

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:19:33 -0500

Actually how about using a published URL with a whole heck of a lot of
command line switches.  Here's an example of one:

javascript:void(window.open('http://play.oneplace.com/Stream/ministries/newp
layer/LiveStreamTyndale.asp?url=http://boss.streamos.com/real/swn/oneplace/r
m/special/left_behind/the_remnant_10.ram&MinTitle=Left_Behind_Dramatic_Audio
&AdsCategory=BROADCAST.TYNDALE&MinistryHomeLink=http://www.oneplace.com/spec
ial/left_behind/','player','toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,directories=no,
menubar=no,scrolling=auto,scrollbars=auto,width=490,height=356,resizable=no'
));

This runs a custom play from the site, but it gives you the idea.  i.e. that
you can turn off the menu's, turn off the toolbars, turn off pretty much
everything.  The only way you can escape out of this is to close IE which I
suspect is what you're wanting.

The site's oneplace.com, but there are of course a ton of other examples.
Half th euniverse that uses pop ups uses a variety of measures like the
above.

(the above solution is free, appsense is not...(great product, but it's not
free) )

>>> Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx 06/11/2005 00:50 am >>>
=20
I have a need to publish IE for a specific application internally
developed. The thing is I do not want any of the Toolbars or such to be
available to the user but I do want it to be a Window. Kiosk Mode
doesn't do it since it comes up as a full screen that you cannot
minimize or re-size. Anyone know if there are any command-line switches
to IE 6 to do this?
=20
Thanks.
=20