[THIN] Re: Published Desktop vs Published Apps

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:20:20 -0600

Published desktops are actually harder to troubleshoot, because the
users always find a way to change their settings on things. With a
published app, you maintain much greator control over their application
environment, so you can expect more predictable application behavior.

You can still allow desktop access for IT and "power users", for when
it's necessary to do something unusual, like troubleshooting or
whatever. Using the desktop is the exception rather than the rule.