[THIN] Problems with File locking MCF

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:21:25 -0700

We are getting this quite often and I don't really know where to proceed.

W2003 server (no sp1)/cmfpsv3 r03/office 2003 sp1

It is serious enough that I thought it should be escalated.

We are having problems with Locked files.  I guess it is possible this is
happening because of lost connections that we are experiencing but I am not
quite sure.

The most common examples are:

calls from people saying they can't access their PST file "file in use"

The other one that is common is with word documents.  User has document
open, goes to save it and the os/word says the drive is full or sometimes
read only.  (most times when sfp checks there are multiple locks on the same
file by the same person, not sure how the same person can lock the same file
multiple times?).

These files are located in different locations.  Sometimes on H: (personal)
and shared drives.

I have run into this many years ago but don't recall the solutions.  I have
checked on the net and found old stuff about sp's for windows 2000 so I am
wondering if this is a known issue with w2003 server without sp1??

Any comments?  Thanks