[THIN] Problem with Linux, Java and WI v3

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:05:21 -0000

Hi (again - apologies for the last post pressed ALT+S instead of ALT+TAB),

I'm having a problem connecting to WI v3 when I'm accessing the site from a
Linux client - all client access is via the java client only.

I get an error message 'The address of an application server must be
specified.' which is odd as connecting from a win32 device is just fine.

If I modify the appembed.inc file so that the line

  <param name=icafile  value="launch.ica?<%=QS%>">

Is replaced with hard coded application name and location settings
everything works fine so its not as if theres a problem with the browser
configuration or name resolution from the client.

My thought is that the launch.ica file is possibly getting corrupted in some
way.

Anyone know how I can view the contents of the launch.ica just before its
passed to the java applet to check what the differences are?

Tia.

Andrew Wood
Sunderland
United Kingdom