[THIN] Re: Problem with 4200 printer

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny.stapleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:59:58 -0000

The problems with this printer are out of control.

I have updated the printer firmware, with no luck.

I tried the 4250 drivers, but they want a paper type of bond instead of
labels (The request for labels was the 4200 series) so it's the same
problem essentially.

I have asked HP for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER settings to try to write a
script to fix it all, but so far they haven't exactly been very
forthcoming. I think they are still trying to figure out what I am
asking for.

I think I will have to move to the 4000 series drivers if this keeps up.

Aside from changing the drivers again, can anyone confirm (Who has a
4200) what printer firmware / drivers / Metaframe version / metaframe
patches / client version / windows version / windows patches that they
are running? At least I know then exactly what does work and then I can
go from there.

For what I presume to be a F"$%&%! print driver this is taking WAY too
long to get fixed.

Berny