[THIN] Re: Problem with 4200 printer

  • From: Brian Ehlert <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:59:30 -0500

We have had nothing but problems with all of our 4200 printers.

HP has almost admitted to a bad firmware revision.
If you check the website - the bad revision of the firmware is not
even mentioned in the revision history.

I took all of ours to the must generic windows 2003 "4000 Series" print driver.
for one department I had to use the PCL 6 flavor of the "4000 series" driver.

Not all of the printer features are available to the users but it
works without a hitch.

Also - since it is a 4200 be sure to double check the firmware
revision and update it just for good measure.