[THIN] Printers randomly disappear in Citrix

  • From: "Brian Hall" <bhall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:59:00 -0500

When a user goes to print in Excel, sometimes printers are available,
sometimes they're not.  When the printers disappear, users can still hit
the 'Print' icon and it sends the job to their default printer.  The
problem doesn't affect other applications (Word, Access, etc) on the
Citrix server and can happen to any user randomly throughout the day.
We recently doubled our user base from 45 to 90.  Single server running
W2KTS, Citrix MF FR2, Dell 2500 dual P4 2.4, 3 GB ram, dual swap files,
paged pool memory fix.

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks,

Brian Hall
Network Administrator
American Financial Realty Trust
680 Old York Road, Jenkintown PA 19046
Tel: 215-887-2280 ext.2840  Fax: 215-887-9856
Email: bhall@xxxxxxxx

Disclaimer - 11/17/2004

solely for the named addressees.  If you are not a named addressee you should
not review, disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and
delete the original message.  Warning: Although reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.