[THIN] Port 3389 Not Listening

  • From: "Eddie Vermeer" <eddie.vermeer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:47:49 -0000

I am having problems at the moment with a particular server.  Its
running MS SBS 2000 and I'm trying to access the server remotely using
terminal services admin to a non-redirected port.  I'm getting an error
when I try to connect and have been trying to work out what the problem
is.  Having run a netstat -n -a on the server, port 3389 is only
listening on the servers external card.  If I look on another server
that is working, I can see port 3389 listening on all addresses
(0.0.0.0).

What I can't work out is how to get the server to listen on all
addresses or why it would have stopped.  ISA Server is installed, but I
don't believe this is causing the problem as I cannot access the server
using RDP from the LAN or the WAN.  I've double checked the port setting
and its set to 3389.  There are no remote users connected, only the
Administrator on the console.

Should I just reinstall the terminal services component again on the
server or am I likely to run in to this problem again if I do ?  Has
anyone seen a similar problem and know what could cause it ?

TIA

Eddie