[THIN] Re: Print screen in Citrix desktop

  • From: "Alex ." <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:00:41 -0800

The answer is YES :)

TekSketch runs in the server session. Snapshots are done on the server via the
system tray icon.

iShadow Desktop does session screen capture on the client even if the clipboard
sharing is off and can be installed on the server too. Has several ways to
handle screenshots - print directly to printer with the time stamp, transfer to
the local clipboard, save directly to file (GIF, JPEG, PNG BMP and TIFF), load
snapshot into the built-in editor.
I suggest starting with TekSketch - looks like there is a good fit for what you
are planning to do + no install and it is free.

ALEX

Subject: [THIN] Re: Print screen in Citrix desktopDate: Mon, 11 Dec 2006
08:25:12 -0500From: MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I’ll check out the links provided but they seem more for editing the already
captured print screen. My issue is that when I press print screen in the Citrix
Desktop the screen image is captured locally to the client. I need print screen
to capture the Citrix Desktop to the clipboard of the Citrix session NOT the
client. I have clipboard redirection turned off.

Will any of these utilities allow capturing to the Citrix Desktop clipboard?

Thank you for the suggestions,

Matthew ShrewsburyNetwork Manager
-----Original Message-----From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex .Sent: Friday, December
08, 2006 8:15 PMTo: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: Print screen in
Citrix desktop

Matthew, Here is a free tool "TekSketch" that requires no install and runs from
the system tray; supports simple image annotation and editing. Is designed with
Citrix in
mind:http://www.tekworkshop.com/welcome/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4
 Here another one - iShadow Desktop (not
free):http://www.ishadow.com/Downloads/EvaluationiShadowDesktop/tabid/88/Default.aspxIt
 supports capture for ICA, RDP and VNC sessions and is capable of capturing
full screen for sessions that are larger than the local display screen as well
as sessions that are obscured by other applications or have visible scrollbars.
Annotation, editing, image resampling and a broad range of image formats are
provided. ALEX

Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:37:21 -0500From: jkenzig@xxxxxxxxxxx:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [THIN] Re: Print screen in Citrix desktop

We've used a little utility called print now that reenables the print screen
key.  http://thethin.net/printnow.zip

On 12/7/06, Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a few users that need to do a quick print screen of an application
within the Citrix desktop. The print screen captures locally to the PC and we
have clipboard redirection turned off. Is there a key combination that allows
capture to the clipboard within the Citrix desktop? What it the best way to
capture a screen within the Citrix desktop?  Thank you,Matthew
ShrewsburyNetwork Manager
-- Jim Kenzig Microsoft MVP - Terminal Serviceshttp://www.thinhelp.comCitrix
Technology ProfessionalProvision Networks VIPCEO The Kenzig
Grouphttp://www.kenzig.comBlog: http://www.techblink.com