[THIN] Print screen from a secondary monitor is blank

  • From: TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:08:25 -0800

Hello listies,

Our organization runs XenApp 6.5 (hotfix rollup 1 applied), and we've
recently discovered a bizarre issue.

We have had many problems in the past with our Cannon printers, so we have
our printer policies setup to use the universal driver, and to support
"local print preview" for all staff.

One of our hosted applications allows users only an option of "print
screen" if they want to print any data. If a user is using this application
on their secondary monitor, the EMF viewer will only display and print a
blank page. If the user moves the application over to their primary monitor
and perform a print screen again, their print job works fine.

This is honestly the first time that I've encountered multiple monitors
causing printing complications.

To add to the oddness, from the help menu in the hosted application, users
can also print, and they can print the help topic data correctly from any
monitor. It is only the "print screen" function (Ctrl + P) which won't work
properly on a secondary monitor.

Any thoughts on possible fixes / work arounds for us?

much thanks in advance,

Lan