[THIN] Power Question

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:57:51 +1200

I am getting more involved in power and wiring than i care to but maybe one
of you can clear this up for me.

I have some HP PDU gear on the way for my racks.  They have twist lock plugs
on them.  L5-30.  My APC symettra only has L5-20 receptacles on it.  If I
understand this right, that means it is a 20amp plug and the PDU is a 30 amp
plug.  It seems logical that won't cause a problem but I admit, this is a
new area for me.  APC doesn't offer a exact L5-30 on the unit we have (a
Symettra LX 8kva). They offer L6-20, L6-30, L5-20, and L14-30.  All the
stuff with a 6 looks to be 208 which is more that the PDU gear can handle.

Does anyone understand this clearly enough to educate me a little better?
Thanks!

Greg