[THIN] Re: Port/box Security

  • From: "Robert K Coffman Jr - Info From Data Corporation" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:38:20 -0400

While I completely agree with you in theory, in practice this has never
caused us a problem.  I've suggested to my clients that it may be a matter
of time before this port gets exploited, to date we've had 0 issues and have
been running this way for years.

Can anyone provide concrete reasons not to expose 1494 to the internet?

PS - Don't jump all over me here, I'm all in favor of exposing as little as
possible to the net...  I just need more ammo to convince those with the
purse strings.

- Bob Coffman