[THIN] Re: Persistent drive mapping --- error "could" be caused by a Windows update "an attempt was made to remember a device that had previously been remembered"

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:39:00 -0600

> Things I tried that didn't fix:  rejoining the domain,=20
> recreating the share, reapplying NT4SP6a, applying the Win2k=20
> fix to the Win2k server that I was trying to map to,=20
> rebuilding profiles (made a little progress here but messed=20
> up profiles so app wouldn't launch), I WAS able to do net use=20
> s: \\server\share but my app was built around the T drive and=20
> it would have been MUCH too hard to just map to a different=20
> drive letter...

Could you use SUBST to continue to use the T: drive, but actually have
it point to the S: drive that=20
you can actually map? (I'm just guessing here .. .don't get your hopes
up until you actually try it)=20

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html