[THIN] Re: Page Faults

  • From: Chris Coleman <Chris.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:26:39 +0930

Page Faults occur whenever the Operating System or an application needs code
/ data that isn't already in physical memory.

Page Faults don't necessarily mean usage of the Pagefile, nor do they
necessarily indicate leaky apps. You can't run any application without the
O/S first Page Fault'ing it into memory. It could be that your users are
just opening/closing their applications lots. :)

...Chris