[THIN] PS4 Imaging

  • From: "Bob Coffman Jr. - Info From Data" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:58:27 -0400

Actually, 2 questions.

In my lab I used an VM image of a PS4/2003 server to add a second app
server.  When I went to install a test Secure Gateway, the Secure Gateway
configuration wizard detected that both of my STAs (the imaged servers) had
the same identifier.  Anyone know how I can work around this?

Second question is - any other downside to imaging PS4/2003 servers like
this?  I copy the disk, boot it without a net controller, and run Newsid to
rename it, and that has worked well in the NT4/XPe world.

Thanks -

Bob Coffman