[THIN] PS3 w/R04 - CMC is practically empty on Zone Master

  • From: Stephanie Atkinson <miitgal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Seems like I've seen this one before but can't recall the fix so I thought
maybe someone could help.  Some kind of Java issue?

One of our 2 Zone Master's CMC stopped rendering nearly everything today.  I
can see the zone name at the top left and Metaframe Administrators.  Nothing
else is showing and the View option at the top does not provide a list.  This
seemed to occur right after I deleted some published apps in the CMC of the
other ZM.  As well, the pub apps are still rendering to the users in the WI.
The pub apps are not listed in the CMC of a couple of member servers I checked.

I ran dsmaint recreatelhc and rebooted but did not resolve issue. I noticed the
imalhc.mdb is smaller on the problem ZM than the other one so I recreated the
LHC again and now the file is slightly larger than the ZM working fine.

I then noticed the problem CMC ZM server had 2 versions of Java installed
(1.4.2_02 & 1.4.2_06) but the working one has only 1.4.2_06 so I deleted
1.4.2_02 and rebooted to no avail. I ran FileMon but did not glean anything.

These are both on Win2K SP4.  Not sure if it's relevant that MSFT April patch
and Citrix PS3 R04 were installed a couple of days ago.  I verified it's not
just my profile by having another Admin duplicate the issue.

I found only one thing from Citrix KB that seems to mirror my symptom..
http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=62&threadID=76170&tstart=0
 but this refers to moving zones.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Stephanie Atkinson