[THIN] PNAgent ICA Client

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:31:17 -0400

I am investigating switchiong from the ICA32 Web Client to the PNAgent
client
for ease of use on my users, having one less thing to login to (thus we
would use pass-through authentication for the client).

In any event, I've run into two scenarios that I'm wondering if anyone else
has dealth with

1) If the PNAgent Client launches and you do not have a network connection
to the Citrix server, it gets an error and gives you the ability to CANCEL
(closes the agent), say NO which lets you change the URL location of the
server, or say NO which waits another predetermined timeout period (seems to
be 10 seconds).

The problem I have with this is if someone says YES, they are free to change
the URL.  This is something I don't want end users doing.  Is there a way to
disable this ability.  And is there a way to alter this specific timeout in
which the client connects to the webserver.

2) If the PNAgent Client has successfully connected and created icons to
published applications, but you then loose network connection to the server,
clicking shortcuts doesn't yield any error messages at all, the computer
just sits there like you didn't do anything.  This frustrates users.  Is
there any way to enable some type of dialog box in this situation?

If you ask why I'm concerned about these situations, the reason is two fold.
I have users on VPN connections that are cable/DSL based.  Sometimes their
connections terminate.  While they autoreconnect, sometimes they don't
negotiate, and sometimes internet connections are just down.  All of which
can cause the above situations to occur.