[THIN] Re: Outlook Express Icon AutoCreating

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:04:08 -0700

I got rid of OE on a W2K PC by searching for msimn.exe - 2 occurances - and renaming it, then immediately rebooting. -George

TheThin wrote:
I have four production servers (W2K/ MF XP)that have suddenly started
creating Outlook Express icons on the user's desktops.  A patch was run
on them from MS recently:

Outlook Express Update Q330994

I don't know if this is why it is happening or for how long it is
happening.  The customer just started complaining today after user
complaints.  I have searched the registry run entries for something that
would cause this, and checked under Start-All Users, and Start- Default
Users, and there is nothing there in the menu bars (the users get a
custom menu anyway, but I figured I'd look).

The Outlook Express icon doesn't create in my admin profile
(non-roaming) but recreates in roaming user profiles every time.

Anybody know of someplace in the registry that might control this?  I
would be willing to remove OE, but I can't figure out how to do that
either, the setup.exe in the OE folder won't fire.

Thanks,
        Brian Politis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst phone: 503.723.4890 Library Information Network of Clackamas County fax: 503.794.8238 16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208 web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654 email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx "...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://thethin.net/links.cfm
http://www.OnDemandAccess.com

For Archives, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: