[THIN] Re: Citrix Connection defaults to local machine

  • From: "James Lilly" <jmlilly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:10:42 -0400

Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\DefaultDomainName.  This is probably set to the
server name.

Changing it to the domain name should fix your problem.

Hope this helps;
James

>>> rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/09/03 04:24PM >>>
Small annoyance here, but ...

When I make an ICA connection to a Citrix server, it defaults to the
local machine. Now this isn't a problem for me or any of the other
Engineers... but for the end users, they could sit there and pound in
passwords to the local PC all day and not realize the difference.

I think it's because I installed as local Administrator.

Is there any way to change this to default to the Domain?

--

Ryan Lambert, MCP, CCA

Network Engineer

NetSource

1242 East 49th Street

Suite 0503-B, Third Floor

Cleveland, OH 44114

Phone/Fax: 216-373-2757

http://www.netsourceit.com/

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com