[THIN] Oracle9i Client

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 10:07:06 -0700

I've got the Oracle 9.2.0.1 client to install silently with a custom
response file.  The problem I am having is setup.exe is spawning a new
process and setup.exe end.  This issue is when this is executed in a script,
the script will continue on while the client is installing in the
background.   I would like the script to wait until the install is finish
before continuing?  Any ideas?  I've tried the -SMS switch and also
launching setup.exe with "Start /wait" with no luck.    For now,  I have a
sleep command in the script... But that is a clumsy work around.

The Universal Installer is v2.2.

Thanks,

Joe