[THIN] Re: Opinion requested

  • From: "Steve Snyder" <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:28:51 +1200

The only time I've seen it make a noticable difference was accessing a
published app (Solomon) over a slow WAN - that was with MFXP. didn't
troubleshoot it to determine why it made a difference, just set it to 40 and
moved on.

On 6/9/07, Jensen, Jay <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On our ICA client we have always used 128-bit encryption.  My new boss
feels we do not need 128-bit encryption any longer due to performance gains
it will provide us.  I have protested that I feel we should never understate
security and we should keep our ICA client packets set to use 128-bit
encryption.

Am I wrong to desire us to leave our ICA client packet set to 128-bit
encryption?  Do we really gain a lot of performance gains by using the
Citrix Encryption default setting instead?

I value this list opinions so I am asking for your feedback!

Thank You.