[THIN] Re: Opinion

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:56:21 -0800

It's all about marketing.  Netscreen claims that you can get better
performance on their boxes because it's all ASIC based processing.  They
also claim that their firewall cannot be broken into because there is no OS
(which is a wrong statement).  Hate to tell ya, but their wrong.  I have
seen better performance on the PIX 515e, 535, Astaro running on a PIII
900Mhz, and even the newer X series from Watchguard (which has an Intel
CPU).  I've never been a fan of Netscreen.  The only product they have
that's decent is their IDP solution.  VERY expensive.

Chris