[THIN] Re: Office autosave settings / server reboot schedule

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:41:18 -0500

Actually that was probably me that you are referring to, but the problem
with that is that we have to reboot our servers on a regular basis and
sometimes users don't log off so you're server never reboots in that
scenario.  We have actually purchased a product from WM Software that we are
very happy with to reboot our servers.  It does what most scripts like that
do and much more, and is very cheap.  It is called Shutdown Plus Rolling
Restart.  The problem is not the reboot script or application, it is that
some requests are just plain not doable and that we cater way too much to
our user community.

/jL