[THIN] Re: Office autosave settings / server reboot schedule

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:17:10 +0000

Theyre saved in these locations- (note 10.0 is XP)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Options
AUTOSAVE-PATH

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Options
AutoRecoverPath

The timer I dont know about, i suspect its somewhere in "..\Data" Settings key

I use a KiX script to write this and a few other settings out, as we dont have
AD here.. but I do understand that theres a decent GPO somewhere on the
thin.net files section (doesnt one come with Office??).

Other ways you could do it is to create a custom setup file for the install,
specifying all that, but then that reqiures you to reinstall office on the
servers (unless you use that daft Save My Settings thing)

Andrew
--o--

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147