[THIN] Office Hours Pro/ and Help Screen flashes sucks up CPU time

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:10:14 -0500

The program is Office Hours Pro, Medisoft/ on MF 1.8/Win2000.  It runs
client server with a mandatory 100mb connection to
a database server running a service.  The help screen on this program
flashes (strobe light effect) and sucks CPU time.  If I
click on a bullet on the screen (i.e. like in getting a highlighted word
defined) the screen stops flashing.

Obviously a program that sucks up to 25% CPU time when using help is not
good.  I can disable help if I have to!
I'll obviously (like that word) call the vendor and see if they offer
something brilliant-which I do NOT expect.  I've also got to test this
on a standard W2K box and non citrix 2000 server to see if the strobing/CPU
time is still there.

I've seen other programs with this effect/ any hints on taming it?