[THIN] Re: OTish: Stretching the use case for RDP admin session

  • From: Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:58:10 +0000

FWIW if this a processor/RAM intensive app – which I assume it is hence why
they want to keep it off their machines – then I’d go for a single small
quad-core PC with RDP access. 8GB RAM and Windows 7 for £500, job done.  If
it’s a  licensing cost issue, VDI doesn’t help you – you would still need to
pay the license for each PC in the pool.